For our subsidiary SCOPE Europe and our business activities in Brussels, we are looking for a
Public Policy / Project Manager (m/f)
The SRIW (Selbstregulierung Informationswirtschaft e.V.) is a German-based non-profit association supporting the self- and co-regulation of the information economy. It acts as a think tank to discuss and debate key issues in digital policy and provides an umbrella organization for a range of self-regulatory measures in the digital industry. The SRIW was founded in August 2011 by the German industry association BITKOM together with the companies Deutsche Post, Deutsche Telekom, Google, Microsoft, Nokia, Encourage Directories and Panolife.
- Represent SCOPE Europe/SRIW positions and member interests at meetings, conferences, working groups and events with key stakeholders on EU level
- Identify, monitor and analyze EU initiatives relevant for SCOPE Europe/SRIW on a wide range of legal and consumer-related issues
- Realization of self- and co-regulatory projects of SCOPE Europe/SRIW on EU level together with repre-sentatives of leading international companies
- Develop positions on internet and media related issues offering potential for self- and coregulation
- Lead the efforts to gain new members and set-up of new projects on EU level
- Relevant academic degree
- Experience in data protection law and information technology processes is an asset
- Understanding of the EU institutions and its decision-making processes
- Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills
- Fluent in written and oral English; French and German language skills are an asset
We offer you a challenging and exciting position. You will work in a dynamic and modern environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will have the possibility to participate in projects that will influence the European regulation industry in the coming years. Salary is based on your experience.